To keep a historical Virginia tradition...
HSUS Attacks Dogs
Hunting with Foxhounds, Fred Bonner, Fuquay-varinaindependent.com
“The anti-dog hunters often seem to have joined forces with the anti-hunting crowd who are opposed to the “blood sports” in general.
Two areas of dog hunting that have come particularly under fire recently from the combined “anti” forces are the deer and fox hunting groups. The concept of having a salivating pack of dogs chasing a poor little fox through the woods, catching it and then tearing it apart is wrong. The fox hunters pit their dog’s ability against the other hunter’s dogs in what is literally a “chase” (competition) and this is what this is all about.
It would be rare to have the dogs actually catch the fox in one of these competitions and the loss of the fox would literally be frowned on by the hunters and fox pen owners who place a lot of value on a live fox. The foxes involved in these chases represent a cash investment to the owners of the pens and they’re careful to see to it that the foxes have safe havens within the fox pens. In fact, the foxes themselves seem to enjoy the chase as much as the dogs and their masters.
The bonding between these sporting dogs and their masters is as intense as the bonding between some pampered little “lap dog” and their loving owner. This seems to be particularly true in the case of the fox hunters and their dogs.”
Five Year Audit of the Humane Society of the United States (Scroll down to read how HSU Attacks Hunters and Property Rights in Virginia, Trying to Outlaw Fox Preserves.)
October 17th, 2012 read the article in the Richmond Times... Dispute continues over chasing fenced foxes.
Click here to hear "The Truth About Fox Preserves".
Here is what the Virginia Tide Water News has to say: Reasons not to outlaw fox pens.
And, the News Virginian states: Proposal would outlaw "fox penning".
Here is what Charles L. Garnett, Owner of Boydton Farm Supply has to say: An economic impact.
And, Bryan Morris DVM of Corban Veterinary Services states: Today's youth are tomorrow's leaders.
YouTube : Save Our Fox Pens
GET THE REAL PICTURE
- Lawyers in Cages
- www.humanewatch.org – HSUS cheats their donors – deception
- www.activistcash.com – 1% goes to pet shelters - American Institute of Philanthropy issued a "D" grade to HSUS's financial practices. AIP's rating system heavily penalizes charities for possessing large assets or maintaining more than three years' operating expenses in reserve.
- www.consumerfreedom.com – HSUS raises money to pay big salaries
- www.nrahuntersrights.org – HSUS anti-hunting activities
- The real truth behind foxhound training preserves and the HSUS – Commentary by Billy Stephens